rgmaster3
Capitaine de navire (Admin)
Capitaine de navire (Admin)
A remercié : 4783 fois
A été remercié : 42576 fois

DIY NBT Evo GPS mod

Message par rgmaster3 » mar. 14 mars 2023 15:00

you need:
LEA-6R module. This supports GPS only. Depending on your country, you may want something that supports BeiDou, Galileo, or GLONASS. When fitted with GPS from factory, it comes with a UBX-G7020, which supports all, but it does not come in any LEA footprint device. I tried LEA-8MS is the next closest module which supports all standards, but could not get power to the antenna. injecting power into it resets the whole unit. It needs a diode on the RF pin to prevent power from flowing back into the gps module.

GPS port, obviously. I haven't been able to find the exact ones with 4 grounding prongs. I stole it from an NBT1 unit. You don't really need that specific one, but it's more solid.

EEPROM? I tried with new EEPROM chip. It wipes out your CAFD and you have to re-code the unit. I have no idea what the base of this idea is (heard from multiple people)n, but I tried both, and it made zero difference that I could tell. I put my old one back and left it alone. I'm confident it's not needed.

Coding:

Code : Tout sélectionner

SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER = aktiv
GPS_FROM_NAVI = aktiv
ADAS_GPS = not_aktiv 
TELEMATIC_ECU = not_aktiv
Adjustblock: Mine is still set to 0x00 ( E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.GPS=00 )

Some reported not being able to disable TELEMATIC_ECU without changing adjustblock. Your unit it VO locked and needs to be unlocked.

Solder you GPS module to the board. Use lots of flux. Took a couple of tries to get it to come alive. TAKE your time here on alignment. If you don't have a hot air station, you're not getting it back off.

This is where most end up and nothing works - Because the antenna needs power.

Couple of options:

Jump pin 18+19

Those 2 wires are the serial port you don't need those, but you can hook those up to a USB>serial adapter, and hook it up to Ublox ucenter and debug/see what it's doing.

OR

Run a jump wire on the other side of the board.

The reason for this is, if your unit doesn't have GPS, then it doesn't have the antenna power circuit on the flip side of the board.

BMW uses active antenna, and needs power. It can also adjust that voltage (gain) as needed up to 5v.

Which option should you choose? Honestly, I don't know. jump wire gives 5v, shorting pins on module gives antenna 3.3v. I'd imagine maybe more voltage=more gain=better reception?

Per the data sheet, you're supposed to feed the antenna power to the v_ant pin (up to 6v) with 10ohm resistor in series, but I never got it to work this way. Possibly because the way it sets CFG-ANT ant settings on second line in /etc/gps_G6_V7_ver20.cfg.

You can download ublox u-center and click around on configs and kind of reverse-lookup what each bit does.

You can run status_gps_position & status_gps_time in tool32 for quicker testing as you go. Time should show up a lot faster. GPS isn't great indoors, so you may not get a position lock at all on your bench.

I'm leaving it alone here. Maybe someone with more electronic engineer background can make a better power circuit. I know just enough to cause damage.

Download images in real formats

Télécharger-Download.txt
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Comment s'inscrire et prendre un abonnement?
How to register and take a subscription?
1.Comment s'inscrire sur le forum? / 1.How to register on the forum?
Image viewtopic.php?f=77&t=296
2.Comment prendre un compte premium? / 2.How To Take premium account?
Image viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1294
3.Comment rechercher sur le forum? / 3.How to search for the forum?
Image viewtopic.php?f=224&t=14788
4.Comment demander le lien de téléchargement et comment le recevoir par messagerie privée?
4.How to get the download link and how to receive it by private messaging?
Image viewtopic.php?f=222&t=9976

Compte d'abonnement
Subscription account
* Si votre compte donateur n'est pas activé! Contactez-nous par le formulaire de contact ci-dessous
* If your donor account is not activated! Contact us by the contact form below
Nous contacter / Contact us
Image memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Réglementation du téléchargement
Download rules
Image viewtopic.php?f=222&t=9976
* Remerciez l'auteur et notez positivement pour chaque application s'il vous plait.
* Deux téléchargements autorisés par jour.
* 15 téléchargements maximum, y compris trois packs (logiciels ou documents PDF).

* Thank the author and note positively for each application please..
* Two downloads authorized per day.
* 15 Downloads maximum, including three packs (software or PDF documents).

:405:

Répondre

255 derniers membres ayant consulté ce sujet

Avatar du membre retrofit34, Avatar du membre Hsenkaoun2024, Avatar du membre Billout42, Avatar du membre Sarljmdauto, Avatar du membre portugais031, Avatar du membre jvklf, Avatar du membre gast, Avatar du membre Haszard, Avatar du membre Farroco75, Avatar du membre retrofit35, Avatar du membre rgmaster3

Retourner vers « Bmw / Diag & Documentations »